83 South Street, Bishops Stortford, Herts, CM23 3AP
Telephone: 01279 465700 - Phone lines open 8am-6.30pm Monday - Friday
Sorry, we're closed
See our other Locations
Bishop's Park Health Centre, Lancaster Way, Bishop’s Stortford, Herts. CM23 4DA | Telephone: 01279 465700 - Phone lines open 8am-6.30pm Monday-Friday Sorry, we're closed
Herts and Essex Hospital. Cavell Drive, Haymeads Lane, Bishop's Stortford, Herts, CM23 5JH | Telephone: 01279 465700 - Phone lines open 8am-6.30pm Monday-Friday Sorry, we're closed
Surgery Activity for January 2024 Protect your child against measles Talking Therapies Healthier together about your child’s health Healthier together during pregnancy National Diabetes Experience Survey St Margarets Hospital opening hours for X-rays Surgery activity for December 2023 Stop Smoking for 2024 Smear tests save lives
GP Surgery, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire
Part time (full time – part time considered)
Purpose of Job
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary to join our team of three existing secretaries.
You will provide secretarial and administrative support to all Partners and GP’s, Health professionals and colleagues.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· To provide accurate secretarial support to GPs, including copy typing of letters and preparation of various documentation.
· Administration of referrals.
· Liaising with various stakeholders such as hospitals, patients and other GP practices.
· To receive and respond to tasks and telephone enquiries referring them to the appropriate member of the Practice if required.
· To monitor and respond to econsults allocated to secretaries
· Recording of insurance reports, claim forms and requests from solicitors.
· Administration of deaths and associated paperwork liaising with our GP’s, families and undertakers.
South Street Surgery operates from two premises in the town of Bishops Stortford, providing services for about 22,000 patients. We are a busy training practice who support our team to train and develop in their roles. We are proud to hold an Investors in People Award. We work closely with the other local practices in Stort Valley and Villages PCN to develop our vision for the future of Primary Care Services in this area.
Bishops Stortford is a thriving town, with excellent schools and facilities. We are in easy reach of London and Cambridge.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter (specifying which role you are applying for) to email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is 31st August 2022